Monday, January 20, 2014

B&W City of Boston With Added Clouds

This photo is an old photo I took in Boston, along with the other Boston photos I've posted here before. I didn't like the original, so I used an action file created by "Forf" called Forf's HDR Tools: HDR Fix Heavy. The action file automatically edited the photo to create an HDR style image. It turned out just how I wanted it. There are strong textured lines and contrast between the glass windows and the surfaces of the buildings. I love high contrast images. It gives depth to the photo and make it feel more life-like. I also added in the clouds because the original photo had an almost pure white sky and it drowned out the rest of the photo. I had to soften it up a bit by rendering the clouds using the RENDER filter and selecting CLOUDS. Then I masked out the buildings so the clouds only appeared in the sky, and I used the Gaussian blur to soften the clouds and round out the edges of the masked area. I was quite pleased with the end result.


No comments:

Post a Comment