Sunday, January 19, 2014

Barn On The Farm

This is an old photo from just a few years ago when I first moved out to western mass. I love old buildings and farms and the feeling of going back in time when I travel to the outskirts of towns like these. This photo was cropped a bit to give more attention to the building, and the original sky was pure white and drowned out the rest of the photo. I layered another photo behind it that had a nice blue sky with wispy clouds and a nice blue hue. Once I got the sky blended just right I looked at the photo and felt like it just didn't look right. Then I thought about making it B&W, but I make that mistake too often so I decided to give it a Sepia tone filter instead. This had a nice old fashioned feel to it and made it feel nice and warm. The blurred fence post i decided to keep just for the visual feel of motion, but I did actually take this photo while driving (do not do that, it's dangerous)! One of my first steps with this photo was to try to reduce the blur, so I used my "Shake Reduction" in the blur filters in PhotoshopCC. It helped reduce the blur on the building. A little.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment