Sunday, January 19, 2014

Covered Bridge

There are LOTS of covered bridges in this part of the country and A LOT of them are out near me! I love old wooden covered bridges. They have history and they have character, and most of all, they are made of wood and I love things that are made of wood!
This photo I cropped a bit to remove excess junk from the frame and I brightened up the inside of the bridge to reveal some of the "artwork" on the inside. I also used a "texture" layered over it to add a little bit of "film" look to it and I turned the opacity way down and used the hard light blending mode to give it some personality. Normally I would have added a ton of saturation to this, but i didn't think pinup style for a covered bridge was going to look all that great so I gave it an old style feel instead.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment