Sunday, January 19, 2014

New post of an Old photo

I decided to look back on some of my older work from when I was a photography student. I took a number of photos in Boston for a project for class. As I skimmed through these photos I liked the content but didn't like the way the photos seemed to sit lifelessly on my screen. I decided to use layers to make it come to life. I copied the original photo to several layers and each layer I used in a different blending mode with differing opacity to bring out the details a bit and make the photo a bit "stronger". I like the final product. What do you think?

BEFORE

 AFTER


 It may only seem like a subtle difference, but to me it was just enough to give the details some courage and give the photo enough realistic contrast to not look so lifeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment